I’m an intuitive and sensitive person with a curious and analytical mind. I have always felt strongly connected to my body and my hands. Becoming a mother made me realize I wanted to support other women and families in the making in various ways.
During my first pregnancy I was training to become a mindfulness teacher, next to my work as a psychologist. It was after my first daughter’s birth that I realized that the transition into parenthood was a time where many need support. I also learned during birth that a trained mind (in mindfulness, being with what is moment by moment) really had a positive impact on my birth experience and coping with pain. Having a positive birth experience, I experienced is empowering, the effects last for a long time. I felt a strong urge to want to share this with other women and came across Mindful Birthing and Parenting (MBCP) through my midwife.
From the first moment I knew about Mindful Birthing and Parenting I felt I had to share this with expectant couples. These same mindfulness skills supported me through the birth of our second daughter. Here I experienced how a traumatic birth also has long lasting effects. I feel that having had two completely different birth experiences helps me in supporting all women. After I became a mother I felt the need to create some form of support for women who are new to motherhood and I left my work as a psychologist. And now I am offering these three tools to others: Women’s Coaching, Mindfulness and Mindful Birthing and Parenting courses. To support this work I’m a Doula in training (read here what a Doula is).
I grew up in the Alps and have been living in Amsterdam since I was a child. This base not only gave me a great appreciation for nature but also for languages and a broader sense of cultural understanding. I’m in my 30’s, I have two daughters and live with my partner in Amstelveen. I’m passionate about delicious food, dancing, yoga and travelling.
I studied Clinical Psychology at the University of Amsterdam. During the years I have also followed a Shiatsu course and a Thai Massage course (In Thailand) and an Ayuverdic massage course in India. For a couple of years, I co-created a coaching company with three other therapists. After my travels, I worked for a year offering therapy focused on MBCT (mindfulness based Cognitive Therapy).
Hereafter I worked for 6 years at a clinic as a psychologist mainly working with Acceptance Commitment Therapy (ACT). During these 6 years I also graduated from a post-doc study called the GZ-opleiding, the ‘next level’ training in the Netherlands to work in the healthcare system. During my first pregnancy I became a Mindfulness Trainer (See True) which I also offered at my work to clients.
After the birth of my first daughter I came in touch with Mindfulness Based Childbirth and Parenting Program (MBCP), a Mindfulness training designed by Nancy Bardacke for expectant couples. MBCP made so much sense to me I fell in love with it. This past year I have been further training myself in understanding better labor pain, pregnancy massage and training to be a registered Doula.
- University degree in Clinical Psychology, cum laude (University of Amsterdam)
- GZ-Psycholoog degree (Big-registration)
- Certification as
- Mindfulness instructor (MBSR level 1 See true)
- Certificate of teacher in Mindfulness-based Childbirth and Parenting
- Program (trained by Nancy Bardacke)
- Doula in training (JJ Doula)
- Course in pregnancy massage (Embracing birth)
- Course in course Baringspijn (labor pain, by Ben van Cranenburgh and Irena Veringa)
- Course in Shiatsu massage
- Course in Ayurvedic massage (Ayurveda yoga retreat India)
- Course in Thai massage (In Thailand)
- Mindfulness Based Childbirth and Parenting
- Program week retreat with Nancy Bardacke 2016
- Mind in Labor weekend course with Nancy Bardacke (MBCP Brussels and Paris)
- Intensive Weekend Workshops in Yoga: Teressa Caldas, Orit Sen Gupta, Aadil Palkhivala
Registered in the NBvD (Nederlandse beroepsvereniging voor Doula’s, student registration)
Registered in the VVM (Vereniging voor Mindfulness)
- Spinning Babies Workshop (Jennifer Walker)
- Workshop in Postpartum and pregnancy loss massage (Embracing Birth)